Friday, January 20, 2017

Together Into That Dark Night...

It is with some misgiving that I greet this day. The person taking oath as the president of the United States today does not inspire me with confidence.  Just the opposite; I've heard him say things
and act in a way that is commensurate with the way others I have personally known acted in the early stages of Alzheimer's.  If this is indeed the case, then who will actually be running America? Please let it be someone with more experience than Trump.

I'm glad the weather here is dark and somber, it fits the bill and mirrors my mood. I have never been this afraid. I have grown up in an America where I believed the leaders truly had my best interests at heart. Now I fear the leaders have my quick demise as their foremost agenda. There is so much talk of ending Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid that the older population and the very young children in this country will be doomed if that comes into play.

This is a dark day to be an American. The weather agrees. Countries around the world also agree and are not honoring his presidency as legitimate. Thank you to all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but keep it clean please.